In August, 2020 all scholars at ACE Prep were assigned an electronic device. Kindergarteners were assigned a Dragon Touch Tablet. All Scholars in 1st – 5th grades were assigned the HP Chromebook. All Scholars are provided headphones and scholars 1st -5th grades are also provided with mouse.
With any technology, sometimes problems happen. Should you experience any issues with technology provided to your scholar, we have provided a list of solutions to common problems. Should you require further assistance, please complete a Device Repair Request and someone from the ACE Prep Admin Team will contact you to confirm your appointment! Our Technology Administrative Team will be available by appointment on Mondays and Thursdays.
Chromebook Battery Won't Charge
First, check to make sure that:
- The charger or adapter cables are completely plugged in, both to your Chromebook and the wall.
- The power is working.
If your Chromebook still won’t charge:
- Unplug your charger from the wall and your Chromebook.
- Plug your charger back in to your Chromebook, then the wall.
- Charge the device for at least 30 minutes.
If the battery still won’t charge, reset your Chromebook.
Chromebook Sound Doesn't Work
- Check to make sure that the sound isn’t muted. You can do this by clicking on the time (bottom right corner of screen). You can adjust the volume by moving the slider from left to right.
- Change the sound input or output. You can do this by clicking on the time (bottom right corner of screen).Next to the volume slider, select the right arrow. Change where the sound comes from (output), or where you speak into (input).
- Unplug audio devices (like headphones or speakers) from your Chromebook.
- f the sound still won’t work, reset your Chromebook.
Factory Reset Your Chromebook (Power Wash)
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Power wash > Continue.
- Follow the steps until computer comes on.
Recover Your Chromebook
- Press and hold ESC + Refresh , then press Power .
- Let go of the Power button. When a message shows on the screen, let go of the other keys.